One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Metal formed into thin sheets, typically by rolling or hammering.
- ‘During the next step the produced upper sandwich was bonded with the lower sheet metal, also by rolling.’
- ‘The desktop is galvanized sheet metal, a material that is handsome and weather-resistant.’
- ‘You may also need some of that thin sheet metal and some sheet metal cutters.’
- ‘Plastic/metal hybrid parts are made up of a thin formed sheet metal profile supported by plastic ribbing.’
- ‘Metal clad kalamein windows are wood covered by galvanized sheet metal.’
- ‘This is handy for differentiating sheet metal and steel bracings when detecting studs in auto bodies.’
- ‘They had set up makeshift cover using old metal crates and some aged and rusted sheet metal.’
- ‘Galvanized sheet metal was chosen for the exterior walls and roof because of its economy and durability.’
- ‘You could also have a top of galvanized sheet metal fabricated at a sheet-metal shop.’
- ‘All of the ducting must be smooth-wall galvanized sheet metal - corrugated flex duct is not allowed.’
- ‘He would also have punches with which to make holes, shears for cutting sheet metal and files for smoothing the metal.’
- ‘The only manufacturers in the world to use galvanized sheet metal and structural tubing.’
- ‘The bicimolina, a pedal-powered mill, is a fusion of angle iron, sheet metal, and old bicycle parts.’
- ‘By the Bronze Age drinking vessels were being made of sheet metal, primarily bronze or gold.’
- ‘Rusted sheet metal, asphaltic roofing, old boards, or slate tiles are other roofing alternatives.’
- ‘The sheet metal, chromoly tubing, and various parts and pieces that were destroyed can be replaced.’
- ‘Tight faceting suggests plumage, but those feathers could be forged of sheet metal.’
- ‘Gutters on older homes may be wood, galvanized sheet metal, or copper.’
- ‘Toe plates are then cut from sheet metal, and pieces of iron are hammered and twisted into shape to form soles and heels.’
- ‘Each false tattered edge, painted shadow, smudged scrap of paper and rusted piece of sheet metal is a visual delight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.