One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Metal formed into thin sheets, typically by rolling or hammering.
- ‘The bicimolina, a pedal-powered mill, is a fusion of angle iron, sheet metal, and old bicycle parts.’
- ‘You may also need some of that thin sheet metal and some sheet metal cutters.’
- ‘This is handy for differentiating sheet metal and steel bracings when detecting studs in auto bodies.’
- ‘You could also have a top of galvanized sheet metal fabricated at a sheet-metal shop.’
- ‘During the next step the produced upper sandwich was bonded with the lower sheet metal, also by rolling.’
- ‘Toe plates are then cut from sheet metal, and pieces of iron are hammered and twisted into shape to form soles and heels.’
- ‘Galvanized sheet metal was chosen for the exterior walls and roof because of its economy and durability.’
- ‘He would also have punches with which to make holes, shears for cutting sheet metal and files for smoothing the metal.’
- ‘The only manufacturers in the world to use galvanized sheet metal and structural tubing.’
- ‘Rusted sheet metal, asphaltic roofing, old boards, or slate tiles are other roofing alternatives.’
- ‘Plastic/metal hybrid parts are made up of a thin formed sheet metal profile supported by plastic ribbing.’
- ‘Metal clad kalamein windows are wood covered by galvanized sheet metal.’
- ‘Tight faceting suggests plumage, but those feathers could be forged of sheet metal.’
- ‘All of the ducting must be smooth-wall galvanized sheet metal - corrugated flex duct is not allowed.’
- ‘They had set up makeshift cover using old metal crates and some aged and rusted sheet metal.’
- ‘Each false tattered edge, painted shadow, smudged scrap of paper and rusted piece of sheet metal is a visual delight.’
- ‘Gutters on older homes may be wood, galvanized sheet metal, or copper.’
- ‘The sheet metal, chromoly tubing, and various parts and pieces that were destroyed can be replaced.’
- ‘The desktop is galvanized sheet metal, a material that is handsome and weather-resistant.’
- ‘By the Bronze Age drinking vessels were being made of sheet metal, primarily bronze or gold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.