One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who tends or breeds sheep.
- ‘He was a controversial figure who was a hardworking cowhand but also perhaps a hired thug given free rein by his boss to do whatever was necessary to keep sheepmen off the cattle range.’
- ‘The man would have had extensive dealings with sheepmen especially in the Newport / Tiernaur area and in Tourmakeady where he is reported to have bought considerable quantities of sheep in the past few months.’
- ‘But Jill's father was a practiced sheepman who had managed a great sheep ranch and had earned an enviable reputation as a man who knew his stuff.’
- ‘On the hills around Aclare the sheepmen have gallantly modernised their hill farming practices but still more aid is required to consolidate the ground they have gained.’
- ‘My father was a cattleman / sheepman and business owner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.