One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We must never become a nation cowed by fear, sheeplike in our submission to the power of any majority demanding absolute control.’
- ‘The progressive authors of much of America's patriotic iconography rejected blind nationalism, militaristic drumbeating and sheeplike conformism.’
- ‘New Age prophets exhort their sheeplike followers to carry out all sorts of home truths that beggar the imagination of any thinking person.’
- ‘Do we really think that juries are so sheeplike that they have to be shielded from fact and opinion?’
- ‘This powerful image of sheeplike mentality and groupthink is made all the more ominous by a jazz score filigreed with theremin sounds that eerily portend rifts in the orderly body politic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.