One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American kalmia which is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental.
Kalmia angustifolia, family Ericaceae
- ‘The shrub layer includes lowbush blueberry, black huckleberry, dangleberry, staggerbush, inkberry and sheep laurel.’
- ‘Woody shrubs adapted to nutrient poor conditions, such as leather leaf and sheep laurel, begin to appear.’
- ‘There is a lot of mountain laurel and sheep laurel here and the trail is often narrow, squeezed between full sides of these species.’
- ‘Joining these trees are well-adapted blueberry, huckleberry, and sheep laurel, as well as a variety of mosses.’
- ‘The flowers of sheep laurel and bog laurel are pink, and rhodora are purple, and none form a distinct ball of white flowers, like Labrador tea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.