Having a sheen; lustrous or shining.‘a woman with sheeny hair’
shining, light, brilliant, vivid, blazing, dazzling, beaming, intense, glaringView synonyms
- ‘The skin is sheeny and age-spotted and slightly yellow.’
- ‘Women with oiled and sheeny hair, combs thrust through their buns and intricate embroidered aprons tied round their waists, thronged the riverside bazaar.’
- ‘Having perfected his angsty, sheeny whine, he sounds good, even if he seems to spend most of this album jabbering about how late it is and what the weather's like in some city or other.’
- ‘Purists may bemoan the use of an actual producer and recording studio, and sure, the record is a tad sheeny.’
- ‘The second movement bestrode the narrow line between too-slow and just-slow-enough, and when the orchestra tuttis intervened I found myself longing for the return of that sheeny sound again.’
- ‘The light from the Bleak Inn reflected off of the sheeny coating of dew which covered the street.’
- ‘‘Pierre Lunaire’ is a clear highlight, a dark, demented meditation on obsession cased in sheeny synths and vibrating turntable scratches.’
- ‘I have a big night out which means I'm looking for a facial that will leave me buffed and sheeny for immediate impact today, not blotchy and deep cleansed for lasting benefits tomorrow.’
A Jewish person.
Early 19th century: origin unknown.