One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A person or thing that sheds something.
- ‘Newfs are also heavy seasonal shedders, and due to the loose lip flews, they drool and can throw it many metres when they shake their heads.’
- ‘This is why the Code of Jewish Law states: ‘if he withholds his services, he is considered a shedder of blood.’’
- ‘Crabbers are pleased if they catch a couple on this amorous journey, since they gain simultaneously a hard male and a female shedder.’
- ‘Many women are asymptomatic shedders at the time of delivery, and these account for most of the neonatal infections.’
- ‘Then you continue on in your hatefully superior day, you unctuous benevolent light shedder.’
- ‘When a crab is ready to molt, it is referred to as a ‘peeler’ or ‘shedder.’’
2A female salmon after spawning.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.