One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A person or thing that sheds something.
- ‘Crabbers are pleased if they catch a couple on this amorous journey, since they gain simultaneously a hard male and a female shedder.’
- ‘When a crab is ready to molt, it is referred to as a ‘peeler’ or ‘shedder.’’
- ‘Many women are asymptomatic shedders at the time of delivery, and these account for most of the neonatal infections.’
- ‘This is why the Code of Jewish Law states: ‘if he withholds his services, he is considered a shedder of blood.’’
- ‘Then you continue on in your hatefully superior day, you unctuous benevolent light shedder.’
- ‘Newfs are also heavy seasonal shedders, and due to the loose lip flews, they drool and can throw it many metres when they shake their heads.’
2A female salmon after spawning.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.