One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building in which sheep are shorn and the wool is processed and packed.‘on the days when we weren't mustering, we worked in the shearing shed’
- ‘There was a wild dog under the shearing shed.’
- ‘The old shearing shed across the track continues to battle the ravages of time.’
- ‘She quickly learned not to wear high heels in a shearing shed.’
- ‘The plant in the shearing sheds was powered by petrol engines.’
- ‘There is a shearing team in the shearing quarters now, and sheep are being shorn in the shearing shed.’
- ‘The building of shearing sheds would boost wool growing.’
- ‘Outside the museum is a model of a shearing shed from the colonial period.’
- ‘Through the window, the old shearing shed stands in the distance.’
- ‘One great advance was the use of electricity in the shearing shed instead of the noisy motor.’
- ‘Shearing sheds stand abandoned most of the time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.