One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of the floor of a shearing shed where the shearers work.‘the board hand is constantly sweeping the shearing board clean of odd bits of wool’
- ‘The shearing board should be kept free of locks and must be swept after each animal is shorn.’
- ‘He grabbed the shears and pulled one of the lambs onto the shearing board.’
- ‘It was an old place and the shearing board was outside the original stone barn.’
- ‘The area of the shearing board is 20 feet by 9 feet.’
- ‘Double swing doors lead to the shearing board.’
- ‘At the end of the long shearing board stood what sounded like a gasoline-driven engine.’
- ‘I was to stand on the shearing board in the woolshed and shake hands with dignitaries.’
- ‘A big Merino ram kicked all over the shearing board.’
- ‘A hard broom is used to assist in the removal of grease, especially on the shearing board.’
- ‘A considerable proportion of our flock appeared on the shearing-board with bellies bare of wool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.