One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fatty substance obtained from the nuts of the shea tree, used in cosmetic skin preparations and food.
- ‘The Dagomba tribe of the Gold Coast boil the kernels, add salt and shea butter, and eat the mixture.’
- ‘It contains borage oil for moisture retention, shea butter to moisturise, comfrey and rose geranium essential oil to soothe and nourish the skin.’
- ‘Look for hydrating ingredients like beeswax, shea butter, vitamin E and almond, jojoba or coconut oils.’
- ‘Later on, the masseuse covers the client's body with a dark chocolate body mousse, consisting of mineral-rich French clay, dark chocolate, shea butter and aloe vera gel.’
- ‘If you wear lipstick, make sure the ones you choose to wear in winter contain conditioning ingredients, such as shea butter and Vitamin E.’
- ‘They're rich in natural ingredients like moisturizing shea butter and avocado oil, invigorating peppermint and other essential oils.’
- ‘This body cream, made of olive oil, shea butter, and essential oils, promises to soften skin, especially elbows, knees, and feet.’
- ‘There are five fruity shades that don't rub off, and because they're made from moisturising shea butter, they leave your lips soft, plump and simply irresistible.’
- ‘Regional trade networks deal in locally produced agricultural goods, such as potatoes, rice, shea butter, and kola nuts.’
- ‘Select products that contain vitamin E and natural oils, particularly shea butter, which provides some UV protection.’
- ‘Better choices: shea butter, beeswax and rose wax, which provide a natural barrier against wetness and are free of petroleum derivatives.’
- ‘The dishes included vegetable soup from Nigeria which consisted of melon, spinach, shea butter, palm oil, dry fish, salt, plums, red peppers and chilli peppers.’
- ‘Meat, livestock, and hides are also important; gold and agricultural products such as green beans, mangos, sesame, groundnuts and shea butter make up the remaining exports.’
- ‘Use lip glosses and lipsticks that contain quenching ingredients like jojoba and avocado oils, shea butter and aloe.’
- ‘Colored and/or processed hair needs moisture-drenching ingredients like jojoba oil, olive oil, lanolin, almond oil and shea butter, to help lock in moisture and prevent brittle strands.’
- ‘Most hair masks contain moisturizing ingredients like shea butter or avocado, which help your mane stay pliable, supple and shiny.’
- ‘The product contains glutamic acid (which helps to strengthen the skin's self-defence mechanism), liquorice (to regulate hyperpigmentation), emollient canola oil and shea butter, and a vitamin E derivative.’
- ‘Moisturizers might be aloe vera, shea butter or hemp oil.’
- ‘Combines all-natural sea salts with skin-hydrating shea butter and meadowfoam seed oil (a non-greasy moisturizer good for even the most sensitive skin types).’
- ‘This waterproof moisturizing face and body milk is enriched with Titanium dioxide and shea butter for broad-spectrum sun protection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.