One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fatty substance obtained from the nuts of the shea tree, used in cosmetic skin preparations and food.
- ‘This body cream, made of olive oil, shea butter, and essential oils, promises to soften skin, especially elbows, knees, and feet.’
- ‘Colored and/or processed hair needs moisture-drenching ingredients like jojoba oil, olive oil, lanolin, almond oil and shea butter, to help lock in moisture and prevent brittle strands.’
- ‘Most hair masks contain moisturizing ingredients like shea butter or avocado, which help your mane stay pliable, supple and shiny.’
- ‘Combines all-natural sea salts with skin-hydrating shea butter and meadowfoam seed oil (a non-greasy moisturizer good for even the most sensitive skin types).’
- ‘Moisturizers might be aloe vera, shea butter or hemp oil.’
- ‘Later on, the masseuse covers the client's body with a dark chocolate body mousse, consisting of mineral-rich French clay, dark chocolate, shea butter and aloe vera gel.’
- ‘The product contains glutamic acid (which helps to strengthen the skin's self-defence mechanism), liquorice (to regulate hyperpigmentation), emollient canola oil and shea butter, and a vitamin E derivative.’
- ‘If you wear lipstick, make sure the ones you choose to wear in winter contain conditioning ingredients, such as shea butter and Vitamin E.’
- ‘Better choices: shea butter, beeswax and rose wax, which provide a natural barrier against wetness and are free of petroleum derivatives.’
- ‘There are five fruity shades that don't rub off, and because they're made from moisturising shea butter, they leave your lips soft, plump and simply irresistible.’
- ‘Look for hydrating ingredients like beeswax, shea butter, vitamin E and almond, jojoba or coconut oils.’
- ‘The Dagomba tribe of the Gold Coast boil the kernels, add salt and shea butter, and eat the mixture.’
- ‘Select products that contain vitamin E and natural oils, particularly shea butter, which provides some UV protection.’
- ‘Regional trade networks deal in locally produced agricultural goods, such as potatoes, rice, shea butter, and kola nuts.’
- ‘They're rich in natural ingredients like moisturizing shea butter and avocado oil, invigorating peppermint and other essential oils.’
- ‘It contains borage oil for moisture retention, shea butter to moisturise, comfrey and rose geranium essential oil to soothe and nourish the skin.’
- ‘This waterproof moisturizing face and body milk is enriched with Titanium dioxide and shea butter for broad-spectrum sun protection.’
- ‘Meat, livestock, and hides are also important; gold and agricultural products such as green beans, mangos, sesame, groundnuts and shea butter make up the remaining exports.’
- ‘Use lip glosses and lipsticks that contain quenching ingredients like jojoba and avocado oils, shea butter and aloe.’
- ‘The dishes included vegetable soup from Nigeria which consisted of melon, spinach, shea butter, palm oil, dry fish, salt, plums, red peppers and chilli peppers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.