One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
She is; she has.
- ‘Since Mom's still flat on her back in hospital, we can safely deduce she's not to blame.’
- ‘She's not just re-hung the ones at the front of her house, she's put some at the back as well.’
- ‘It's hard to get a sense of who she is, even when she's describing her childhood in Nepal.’
- ‘It's a very difficult part for a woman and it's great the way she's approached the task.’
- ‘If Valerie was at home twiddling her thumbs, there might be a problem, but she's not.’
- ‘Now in the final month of her training she's had to put her skills into practice.’
- ‘By playing down her investment in the festivities, she's covered if no one turns up.’
- ‘Admittedly she's young, slim and a tad green and new to the place, so it's only polite.’
- ‘If she's taking viewers on field trips all over the world, it must be getting a bit expensive.’
- ‘Would it be fair to say she's finding it easier giving herself to her work than to a relationship?’
- ‘She has been a player with the school, just on a training level, and she's keen to take it up again.’
- ‘It's like I'm still in denial and at the same time it's as though she's still here in a way.’
- ‘After all, she's a bit of a Francophile and is already a frequent visitor to the country.’
- ‘I am very worried about her because I've not been able to find out if she's all right or not.’
- ‘For some reason, she seems to have got on one of the horses and it's thrown her or she's fallen off.’
- ‘It's really weighing her down because she's not living up to her ideals any longer.’
- ‘The first time may have been accidental, but it seems she's adopted it as a stylistic tic.’
- ‘She was only a hour late for lunch but she's my nemesis and I'm supposed to hate her.’
- ‘She won't come, and even if she does, she's just the girl who bothers him all the time.’
- ‘She's made Simon realise he wants her and she's gonna leave him dangling for a bit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.