One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
She is; she has.
- ‘She's not just re-hung the ones at the front of her house, she's put some at the back as well.’
- ‘Now in the final month of her training she's had to put her skills into practice.’
- ‘After all, she's a bit of a Francophile and is already a frequent visitor to the country.’
- ‘Since Mom's still flat on her back in hospital, we can safely deduce she's not to blame.’
- ‘It's a very difficult part for a woman and it's great the way she's approached the task.’
- ‘The first time may have been accidental, but it seems she's adopted it as a stylistic tic.’
- ‘It's like I'm still in denial and at the same time it's as though she's still here in a way.’
- ‘Admittedly she's young, slim and a tad green and new to the place, so it's only polite.’
- ‘If she's taking viewers on field trips all over the world, it must be getting a bit expensive.’
- ‘By playing down her investment in the festivities, she's covered if no one turns up.’
- ‘It's hard to get a sense of who she is, even when she's describing her childhood in Nepal.’
- ‘She was only a hour late for lunch but she's my nemesis and I'm supposed to hate her.’
- ‘If Valerie was at home twiddling her thumbs, there might be a problem, but she's not.’
- ‘She won't come, and even if she does, she's just the girl who bothers him all the time.’
- ‘For some reason, she seems to have got on one of the horses and it's thrown her or she's fallen off.’
- ‘It's really weighing her down because she's not living up to her ideals any longer.’
- ‘Would it be fair to say she's finding it easier giving herself to her work than to a relationship?’
- ‘She's made Simon realise he wants her and she's gonna leave him dangling for a bit.’
- ‘She has been a player with the school, just on a training level, and she's keen to take it up again.’
- ‘I am very worried about her because I've not been able to find out if she's all right or not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.