One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
She is; she has.
- ‘It's a very difficult part for a woman and it's great the way she's approached the task.’
- ‘If Valerie was at home twiddling her thumbs, there might be a problem, but she's not.’
- ‘Would it be fair to say she's finding it easier giving herself to her work than to a relationship?’
- ‘She has been a player with the school, just on a training level, and she's keen to take it up again.’
- ‘The first time may have been accidental, but it seems she's adopted it as a stylistic tic.’
- ‘She was only a hour late for lunch but she's my nemesis and I'm supposed to hate her.’
- ‘She won't come, and even if she does, she's just the girl who bothers him all the time.’
- ‘It's hard to get a sense of who she is, even when she's describing her childhood in Nepal.’
- ‘If she's taking viewers on field trips all over the world, it must be getting a bit expensive.’
- ‘Since Mom's still flat on her back in hospital, we can safely deduce she's not to blame.’
- ‘It's really weighing her down because she's not living up to her ideals any longer.’
- ‘Admittedly she's young, slim and a tad green and new to the place, so it's only polite.’
- ‘Now in the final month of her training she's had to put her skills into practice.’
- ‘She's made Simon realise he wants her and she's gonna leave him dangling for a bit.’
- ‘She's not just re-hung the ones at the front of her house, she's put some at the back as well.’
- ‘I am very worried about her because I've not been able to find out if she's all right or not.’
- ‘After all, she's a bit of a Francophile and is already a frequent visitor to the country.’
- ‘By playing down her investment in the festivities, she's covered if no one turns up.’
- ‘It's like I'm still in denial and at the same time it's as though she's still here in a way.’
- ‘For some reason, she seems to have got on one of the horses and it's thrown her or she's fallen off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.