One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A frothy cosmetic cream applied to the skin before shaving with a razor.‘his face was covered in shaving cream’count noun ‘most shaving creams contain a little moisturiser’
- ‘It has already launched body sprays and body washes and has licensed sales of razors and shaving cream.’
- ‘Scott pulled out his razor and shaving cream and set to work on covering his chin.’
- ‘I am never using that shaving foam again.’
- ‘A small spot of shaving cream remains poised on his neck.’
- ‘His best friend opens the front-door with his face covered in shaving foam and wearing Dobbs's pyjama bottoms.’
- ‘If you are designing a web site about razor blades and shaving cream for men, the site should have a masculine feel to it.’
- ‘He lathers his face up with shaving foam.’
- ‘He'd run out of shaving cream a few days earlier.’
- ‘By the time she woke up, she had shaving cream on part of her face, a marker moustache, and a very unhappy expression on her face.’
- ‘His shirt was on backwards and he still had shaving cream on his face.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.