One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Software that is available free of charge and often distributed informally for evaluation, after which a fee may be requested for continued use.
- ‘Today, myriad inexpensive quality postscript alphabets are easily accessible on home computers for free or as shareware on the Internet.’
- ‘There are commercial products, shareware, freeware, open source, and even hardware products.’
- ‘What may at first appear to be shareware or legitimate licensed software can, unfortunately, often turn out to not be so.’
- ‘A range of software, shareware and applications emerge nearly every other day from different corners of the Tamil speaking world.’
- ‘Stay away from shareware and freeware until you're no longer a novice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.