Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Software that is available free of charge and often distributed informally for evaluation, after which a fee may be requested for continued use.
- ‘Stay away from shareware and freeware until you're no longer a novice.’
- ‘What may at first appear to be shareware or legitimate licensed software can, unfortunately, often turn out to not be so.’
- ‘Today, myriad inexpensive quality postscript alphabets are easily accessible on home computers for free or as shareware on the Internet.’
- ‘There are commercial products, shareware, freeware, open source, and even hardware products.’
- ‘A range of software, shareware and applications emerge nearly every other day from different corners of the Tamil speaking world.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.