One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount by which the amount received by a company for a stock issue exceeds its face value.‘reduction of share capital or share premium account’
- ‘None of this is evidence that the share premium is set to decline as investors and unit-trust managers jump into the market.’
- ‘The share premium reduction exercise is conditional on shareholder approval.’
- ‘‘These costs have not been recognised and will be charged to the share premium account,’ said the prospectus.’
- ‘That, we submit, when one reads that with paragraph 67, is really no different to a company having a share premium account, or a reserve account.’
- ‘The telecom giant announced on Wednesday that it would seek shareholder approval to wipe out its entire share premium account balance at the end of 2003 in a capital reduction exercise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.