One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount by which the amount received by a company for a stock issue exceeds its face value.‘reduction of share capital or share premium account’
- ‘The telecom giant announced on Wednesday that it would seek shareholder approval to wipe out its entire share premium account balance at the end of 2003 in a capital reduction exercise.’
- ‘None of this is evidence that the share premium is set to decline as investors and unit-trust managers jump into the market.’
- ‘The share premium reduction exercise is conditional on shareholder approval.’
- ‘That, we submit, when one reads that with paragraph 67, is really no different to a company having a share premium account, or a reserve account.’
- ‘‘These costs have not been recognised and will be charged to the share premium account,’ said the prospectus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.