One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a restaurant) a serving or selection of food to be shared between two or more diners.‘a restaurant popular for its share plates’
- ‘I like that they served individual share plates of olive oil with parmesan cheese as it's my favorite way to eat my bread.’
- ‘From a list of "sharing plates," the standouts included homemade lamb sausage, and first-rate fries.’
- ‘The food is disappointing, with the share plates consisting of food I've never come across before.’
- ‘Our guests enjoy share plate menu options while relaxing in our down-to-earth and comfortable atmosphere.’
- ‘I'm looking forward to trying their seared tuna salad next time as a whole or share plate appetizer.’
- ‘For a share plate, we ordered the crab cakes and they had nice spice and a perfectly crunchy light crust.’
- ‘We ordered the brunch share plate and a pizza as appetizers.’
- ‘We ordered several share plates which were delicious, but next time I would skip getting an entree.’
- ‘The share plates are modestly portioned and seldom more than $12.’
- ‘The restaurant combines good-value casual dining with a charming setting and tasty share plates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.