One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have or receive an equal share.‘we all share and share alike in camp’
- ‘This peer to peer, infinite disk space, share and share alike world keeps getting more interesting.’
- ‘Ironically, it was the Lewis and Clark expedition that gave York a serious opportunity to share and share alike in demands and responsibilities of men, white and black.’
- ‘For example, when two different organizations occupy the same office facilities, it may be more effective to separate groups (two kettles, two enquiry desks, two filing clerks and so forth) than to insist that they share and share alike.’
- ‘Just remember, it's share and share alike in the Fiore family.’
- ‘She explained the custom in her family was to share and share alike whatever you happen to have.’
- ‘Only one of them has the right one, and the three don't trust each other to share and share alike.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.