One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a defined external form or outline.‘an enclosed back garden with a shaped lawn’in combination ‘her oval-shaped face’
- ‘The internal oven configuration took the form of an old-fashioned conical-shaped beehive.’
- ‘The light-yellow, spindle-shaped spots on the leaves are characteristic of this soil-borne virus.’
- ‘The navy constructed this rectangular-shaped lake several decades ago to test its early torpedoes.’
- ‘What he achieves is sensuously shaped architecture in response to its environmental demands.’
- ‘The bow is wedge-shaped, tapered to the front and also from top to bottom.’
- ‘Your hair is styled into a fancy ginkgo-leaf-shaped topknot.’
- ‘A Y-shaped tube is present with cars that have a double exhaust manifold.’
- ‘Those famous banana-shaped rear lights have gone.’
- ‘The wing pads are posterior to the saddle-shaped structure just behind the head.’
- ‘The star-shaped fortress is situated on an important promontory in the harbour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.