One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A property exhibited by certain alloys of recovering their initial shape when they are heated after having been plastically deformed.as modifier ‘commercial shape-memory alloys are usually copper-based’
- ‘The shape memory was probed by an experiment called go-and-stop.’
- ‘The shape memory effect in metals relies on a phase change in the material's crystal structure.’
- ‘Ultimately it may be possible to restore natural accommodation after cataract surgery if a soft lens with the appropriate shape memory characteristics could be developed.’
- ‘It provides shape memory, high elasticity, biocompatibility, and MRI compatibility.’
- ‘The combination of shape memory alloys is innovative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.