Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A property exhibited by certain alloys of recovering their initial shape when they are heated after having been plastically deformed.as modifier ‘commercial shape-memory alloys are usually copper-based’
- ‘Ultimately it may be possible to restore natural accommodation after cataract surgery if a soft lens with the appropriate shape memory characteristics could be developed.’
- ‘The shape memory was probed by an experiment called go-and-stop.’
- ‘The shape memory effect in metals relies on a phase change in the material's crystal structure.’
- ‘The combination of shape memory alloys is innovative.’
- ‘It provides shape memory, high elasticity, biocompatibility, and MRI compatibility.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.