One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a blatant or brazen manner; without shame.‘they shamelessly plug their upcoming film’‘she flirts shamelessly with the crowd’
- ‘Its last New York appearance included a show shamelessly calculated to sell tickets to the aesthetically challenged.’
- ‘Watching from a portable TV at the wedding she's attending, she is horrified to see this shamelessly sexual display.’
- ‘There's already more than one shamelessly indiscreet biography.’
- ‘The mixture is heavily spiced with circus stunts that shamelessly include flying.’
- ‘The festival director shamelessly embellishes every description he writes.’
- ‘McDowell as the token Brit baddy is shamelessly underused.’
- ‘Professional protocols do not allow dentists to 'shamelessly' advertise their practice.’
- ‘This movie is guilty of shamelessly unfunny comedy.’
- ‘I began to notice how shamelessly melodramatic this film really is.’
- ‘None of this stopped her toying shamelessly with his passion for her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.