One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Hopefully, the shamefulness of the result will ensure the Parliamentary benches are purged for the election to follow.’
- ‘The shamefulness of this act is ironically pointed up by the fact that it follows the description of two English knights chivalrously dying in each other's arms.’
- ‘After being stripped of my stature and honor I banished myself out of sheer shamefulness.’
- ‘In 1990, the U.S. government acknowledged the shamefulness of this policy, formally apologized to Japanese Americans for implementing it, and paid token reparations of $20,000 to each Japanese American who had been interned.’
- ‘Their dedication to compromise is impressive… to the point of shamefulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.