One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Since most shamanist activity took place in the home, there was no religious organization to attack, and so it was relatively easy for shamanism to survive underground.’
- ‘Can it be a good idea to take shamanist ways of working and using them for spiritualist work?’
- ‘They were Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Manicheans, pagans, nomads, shamanists, and animists as well, and, ethnically speaking, Seljuks, Khazars, Bulgars, Timurids, Mongols, Anatolians and Chinese.’
- ‘There are scores of ex-Mormons, shamanists, pagans, and atheists meeting up, hoping to find camaraderie.’
- ‘In Beijing, the Qing reserved the Kunning palace in the Forbidden City for shamanist sacrifices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.