One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On the downside, it can cause sleeplessness, nervousness and shakiness in people whose bodies do not respond well to it.’
- ‘Following reduction or cessation of use, severe intermittent symptoms of palpitations, sweating, shakiness and insomnia were alleged starting in 1989 and lasting for 2-3 years, thus outside any relevant period of cover.’
- ‘As an ex-Chief of Defence he had probably experienced at first hand the shakiness of our strategic policy foundations.’
- ‘‘You're lying,’ she said, responding to the shakiness of his voice.’
- ‘It has grown to become one of the great weird voices, up there with those of Neil Young and Little Jimmy Scott, its shakiness having evolved into style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.