One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As an ex-Chief of Defence he had probably experienced at first hand the shakiness of our strategic policy foundations.’
- ‘On the downside, it can cause sleeplessness, nervousness and shakiness in people whose bodies do not respond well to it.’
- ‘It has grown to become one of the great weird voices, up there with those of Neil Young and Little Jimmy Scott, its shakiness having evolved into style.’
- ‘Following reduction or cessation of use, severe intermittent symptoms of palpitations, sweating, shakiness and insomnia were alleged starting in 1989 and lasting for 2-3 years, thus outside any relevant period of cover.’
- ‘‘You're lying,’ she said, responding to the shakiness of his voice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.