One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for sinkhole
- ‘There are swallow and shake holes and disused shafts.’
- ‘Saturday at 1pm, up onto the fell and I confidently walked us straight to the shake hole - the wrong shake hole.’
- ‘At 1,200 ft we switched back to another grass track, past shake holes and small areas of limestone pavement; one could hardly ask for more.’
- ‘The descent starts gently, meets a civilising stone wall and then plummets in slithery fashion past shake holes to a back road.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.