One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nothing is self-consciously fractured or haphazard; the songs hang shaggily on rigid compositional armature.’
- ‘The first time she saw me I was a long-haired, post-hippie, shaggily dressed, 27-year-old cave dweller.’
- ‘He had brown hair, curling shaggily around a sharp, high-cheekbone-lined, intelligent face, sparkling but melting brown eyes, and a body that shouldn't have been allowed to go around in shorts and muscle tees.’
- ‘The teddy bear that lives on in memory as being rich, dark brown, and shaggily massive turns out, when rescued from the attic decades later, to be anemic and disappointingly scrawny.’
- ‘His hair whispered shaggily around his face, and he sighed very softly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.