One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A perforated metal screen situated directly behind the phosphor screen in certain types of colour television tube, having a pattern of precisely located holes through which the electron beams pass so as to strike the correct dots on the phosphor screen.
matte, photomask, masking, masking tapeView synonyms
- ‘The convergence test measures how accurately the red/green/blue electron guns are firing at the shadow mask - in this test, white lines should appear if the convergence is correct.’
- ‘They are arguably the highest performing CRTs on the market (if comparing high-end aperture grille monitors to high-end shadow mask monitors).’
- ‘There are two basic cathode ray tube technologies: aperture grille and shadow mask.’
- ‘The faceplate portion has a screen to display an image, and the panel portion has a shadow mask installed therein.’
- ‘Both provide excellent viewing experiences depending on your preference for an aperture grille or shadow mask display.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.