One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unfortunately, Reigart's hands are tied by Admiral Piquet (Joaquim de Almeida), a French NATO officer who shadily puts a halt to Reigart's rescue operations.’
- ‘Inside, the narrow alleys are tight woven, winding shadily between cliff-like walls of brown mud or sparkling white lime wash.’
- ‘It's not up to the vendors of generic hardware, and certainly not up to a record company that's shadily influencing those vendors in back-room meetings.’
- ‘Yesterday I went into the Used DVD Emporium, a seedy hole in the wall bespeaking a shadily acquired inventory of hot items for your viewing pleasure.’
- ‘The massive, brawny man peered at me in bewilderment as I had managed to stop his blade, and he withdrew, smiling shadily at me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.