One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It may be PC gamers playing technology catch-up while the consolers now enjoy the bulk of new games featuring the latest shaders, physics and light engines.’
- ‘That, the company claims, will be far more value to developers than version three shaders, which provide no visual enhancements over version two and so far only promise a performance gain over their predecessors.’
- ‘Both cores are essentially the same, featuring four fragment pipelines and two vertex shaders - the only difference between the two different product lines is basically the clock speed they operate at.’
- ‘Realistic shaders and materials add lifelike qualities to designs, and environment maps provide realistic reflections without leaving the design mode.’
- ‘In practice, this has meant that games writers have seen pixel shaders as an extra set of features, which don't necessarily get as much time on the schedule as core graphics programming.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.