One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be quiet!‘‘Shaddup! If he wants to confess, let him.’’
- ‘The climax comes one Sunday when he throws a flag demanding the jock announcers shaddup.’
- ‘Still, I'm not sure the Voice is going to shaddup.’
- ‘Behold your football fortune: introducing the one, the only, the magnificent - just shaddup and answer the questions already, will ya?’
- ‘Oh, shaddup, and get that smug look on your face.’
- ‘Oh shaddup, I've had enough Alicia Keys this week.’
1950s: representing a pronunciation of shut up.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.