One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was sensitive enough to recognize that racism was an anti-American outrage, proud enough never to accept it, and financially successful enough to live out his autumn years in the same town that once treated him so shabbily.’
- ‘While the police exhibited a great nervousness about what appeared to be a few shabbily dressed kids making vague assertions, the kids were amazingly at ease, at one point getting up to dance and sing.’
- ‘According to them they too are shabbily treated.’
- ‘We had also gone to the Centre with a begging bowl, but were shabbily treated.’
- ‘Most of them were barefoot and shabbily dressed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.