One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Behaviour characterized by the making of unwelcome and inappropriate sexual remarks or physical advances in a workplace or other professional or social situation.
- ‘Three codes of practice in relation to the prevention of bullying in the workplace and sexual harassment were launched last March.’
- ‘Her other columns on sexual harassment and other forms of sex discrimination can be found in the archive of her columns on this site.’
- ‘In many countries policemen use sexual harassment and threats of rape as an interrogation tactic.’
- ‘On 28 June 2000 there occurred an incident in which he was alleged to have engaged in sexual harassment of a female pupil.’
- ‘The especially broad coverage for sexual harassment indicates a strong legislative intent to fight harassment.’
- ‘The law should account for what social science research tells us about sexual harassment.’
- ‘An active women's movement has put domestic violence, rape, and workplace sexual harassment on the public agenda.’
- ‘But for women who have been at the receiving end of sexual harassment in the work place, it is enough to shatter their sense of self.’
- ‘Indeed, until relatively recently sexual harassment in the workplace was regarded as inevitable.’
- ‘Grossman's other columns on sexual harassment and discrimination law can be found in the archive of her columns on this site.’
- ‘The campaign to criminalize sexual harassment in the workplace began in the late 1970s.’
- ‘I have a lot of people come to see me where they've been accused of something in the workplace such as sexual harassment or an issue.’
- ‘The Commission evidently wished to encourage the social partners to take specific action to combat sexual harassment, but without success.’
- ‘Women scientists also spoke of those hardy perennials - sexual harassment and gender-related harassment.’
- ‘The concepts of spousal rape and sexual harassment are not well established, and, consequently, such acts are not considered crimes.’
- ‘Regrettably there is still no tangible legislation that tackles the problem of sexual harassment in the workplace.’
- ‘They address issues such as sexual harassment in the workplace and women's safety in the community.’
- ‘Laws against sexual harassment were long considered a symptom of American prudishness.’
- ‘Bill's idea is to pursue the first class action lawsuit for sexual harassment.’
- ‘They are subject to family violence at home and sexual harassment in the work place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.