Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An aspect of 60° (one sixth of a circle)‘we find Jupiter in sextile to Neptune’
- ‘Since Mercury is solar when matutine and lunar when vespertine, it should surely have different exaltations for the two phases, one in trine to Gemini and the other in sextile to Virgo.’
- ‘The positive aspects of trine and sextile are the areas where tension's resolution is found.’
- ‘If the birth was indeed after sunset, the Part of Fortune was in conjunction with the MC and in sextile to the Moon.’
- ‘The sign of the 2nd house is fixed and aspected from the sinister sextile of Jupiter.’
- ‘Tolkien's Sun sextiles Mars and Jupiter and makes a wide orb sextile to Uranus.’
Late Middle English: from Latin sextilis, from sextus sixth.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.