One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aspect of 60° (one sixth of a circle)‘we find Jupiter in sextile to Neptune’
- ‘If the birth was indeed after sunset, the Part of Fortune was in conjunction with the MC and in sextile to the Moon.’
- ‘Since Mercury is solar when matutine and lunar when vespertine, it should surely have different exaltations for the two phases, one in trine to Gemini and the other in sextile to Virgo.’
- ‘The positive aspects of trine and sextile are the areas where tension's resolution is found.’
- ‘The sign of the 2nd house is fixed and aspected from the sinister sextile of Jupiter.’
- ‘Tolkien's Sun sextiles Mars and Jupiter and makes a wide orb sextile to Uranus.’
Late Middle English: from Latin sextilis, from sextus ‘sixth’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.