One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of human sexual life or relationships.
- ‘Currently there is less funding but great interest in furthering the study of sexology from a perspective that pays primary attention to the social, cultural, and historical contextualization of sexual behaviors and responses.’
- ‘The book is only marginally about sex, and takes a dour view of sexology, survey research, and Western-influenced sex education.’
- ‘In fact, they are taken from recent sex research, so that I don't convey the message that all the advances are occurring outside sexology.’
- ‘Except she's on her way, not to a sales convention, but a sexology conference in Paris.’
- ‘In sum, the value of the volume stems not only from its utility as a resource for cross-cultural information about sexuality but also from its role in the cultural history of sexology.’
- ‘Moreover, many of the categories used in sexology to describe sexual life have been shown not to be universal but highly localized.’
- ‘Professionals in the newly minted disciplines of the human psyche - sexology, psychology, and psychiatry - increasingly conceived of personality, gender, and sexuality as products of culture and upbringing.’
- ‘In the 1920s, sexology did not constitute a stabilized system.’
- ‘Failure to publish has already become a problem in sexology, insofar as early studies of the impact of Viagra on women, completed in early 1997, have not yet been published as of the date of this manuscript.’
- ‘There are, however, a number of good sexuality-specific Web sites that can provide effective starting points for targeted searches in sexology, of which several are spotlighted below.’
- ‘If sexology loses its independent status, the public will have even fewer places to turn for sexual enlightenment free from commercial or political bias.’
- ‘The resulting discussions introduce a way of thinking about sexual experience that bypasses some of sexology's most sacred cows, such as survey data and the debates about gender, orientation, morality, and medical intervention.’
- ‘Is sexology on its way to becoming a subsidiary of the pharmaceutical industry?’
- ‘Reform-era sexology appropriated the degenerative/regenerative discourse of the natural selection model as a way to establish a new lexicon that would address sexuality more specifically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.