One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1with submodifier Having specified sexual appetites.‘hard-drinking, highly sexed youngsters’
- ‘She is highly sexed, perhaps even a nymphomaniac, which would explain her more manic displays and lack of self-control at certain points.’
- ‘Some guys do it because they are highly sexed and they are even choosy about the guys they do it with, they might have a few regulars on a loose sort of arrangement, and this is more like serial Sugar Daddy territory!’
- ‘To me, this guy had the best possible situation a highly sexed heterosexual man could ask for, and he screwed up.’
- ‘With this in mind, is it likely that a highly sexed, impulsive, handsome young buck like Phineas would keep himself entirely pure for five years in a foreign city?’
- ‘Surrounded by inefficient, highly sexed private secretaries, a beleaguered Bob strives to protect his reputation, his career and his conscience, as he tries to outsmart his adversaries in Westminster.’
2Having sexual characteristics.‘the effects of family and kinship relations on the construction of sexed individuals’
- ‘In all sexed species, the female is the fundamental sex.’
- ‘At the same time, however, the authors refused to acknowledge the sexed body, claiming that sexual difference, like gender, is a cultural construct.’
- ‘Their presentations of the female body tend to draw attention to the position it has in culture: not only the sexed body, but also bodies marked by racial and cultural differences.’
- ‘No, I am arguing that gendered pronouns for people are sexed pronouns, with people choosing ‘his’ or ‘her’ based on biology.’
- ‘These matters concern the sexed body, masculinity, femininity, sexuality, and reproduction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.