One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The organization of holidays with the purpose of taking advantage of the lack of restrictions imposed on sexual activity and prostitution by some foreign countries.
- ‘In attacking sex tourism head on, he illustrates clear connections between the commodification of sex and the proliferation of western culture into the former Eastern block.’
- ‘The alleged paedophiles face charges ranging from ‘rape and sexual assault to sex tourism and creating and possessing child porn’, according to police sources.’
- ‘Stressing it is being promoted as a family destination, he said, ‘It's not a place for sex tourism or any activities like that.’’
- ‘There are not many novels that address issues of sex tourism, consumerism, terrorism and alienation, and that do so in a manner as shocking and revealing as Houellebecq.’
- ‘Well at a national level we also have national collection managers that look at child sex tourism, and also sexual servitude.’
- ‘Also, the global development of sex tourism relates to the low age of consent - or lack of age of consent legislation - in certain countries, facilitating sexual relations with children.’
- ‘But it's commercial tourism, sex tourism, that brings in the big bucks.’
- ‘Houellebecq is looking forward to the launch of his next novel, a book about sex tourism, due out in September.’
- ‘An estimated 1 million children in Asia alone are victims of the sex trade, much of it focused around sex tourism.’
- ‘As ironic as eco-tourism is sex tourism, which generates an estimated revenue of US $20 thousand million.’
- ‘In the fourth and final chapter in the first section he discusses sex tourism in Bankok.’
- ‘Media exposure of corrupt officials, including some allegedly involved in sex tourism, has also brought retribution, according to the watchdog Reporters Without Borders.’
- ‘The industry was varied, ranging from pornographic web sites, videos, and magazines, to child sex tourism.’
- ‘In some parts of Asia and the Caribbean, sex tourism is a mainstay of local economies.’
- ‘The topic arose in a discussion of his latest novel, Platform, which deals with sex tourism and Middle Eastern terrorists.’
- ‘He knows sex tourism brings in a huge flow of U.S. dollars.’
- ‘Another means of distributing child pornography worldwide is through sex tourism, which uses prostitution rings.’
- ‘The most controversial of these is sex tourism in which men travel, usually to some developing country, for the express intention of obtaining sexual services, frequently with children.’
- ‘Many of the hard-core images, according to Jenkins, are the product of sex tourism to developing countries in Asia and Latin America.’
- ‘But less easily dismissed is her - albeit half-hearted - defence of underage sex tourism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.