One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Counselling or other therapy which addresses a person's psychological or physical sexual problems.
- ‘Broader, qualitative assessment might be more appropriate in delineating the efficacy of sex therapy.’
- ‘If you answer yes to at least three of the questions below, you may benefit from sex therapy to treat Hypoactive Sexual Desire.’
- ‘This section investigates the applicability of the Western sex therapy to Chinese couples and discusses whether modifications are needed for sex therapy to be effective among Chinese couples.’
- ‘In fact, some prescribe sexual education classes as a form of sex therapy.’
- ‘Today, it is hard to envision how startling the unveiling of the Masters and Johnson model for sex therapy was in 1970.’
- ‘It would be great if I could because it can be very hard doing sex therapy with single people - especially with single people having difficulty finding a partner.’
- ‘The role of psychological, psychosocial, and psychosexual correlates of the orgasm experience would be useful in determining the course of sex therapy for those presenting with orgasmic difficulties.’
- ‘The reader who is interested in departing from the practice of traditional sex therapy will find each chapter full of resources and innovative approaches that are systemically grounded.’
- ‘Exercises, many of which were modified elements of standard sex therapy, have probably played a larger role since participants reported substantial frequencies of exercise performance.’
- ‘There is considerable evidence that this is a promising and useful procedure either by itself or with dilators, and sex therapy, but to date no comparison studies have been published.’
- ‘It has been technically possible to deliver sex therapy via the Internet for a quite a while but there has been little progress in implementing high quality systems.’
- ‘Through the use of bibliotherapy the relative contribution of the nonspecific factor of therapist attention in sex therapy has been investigated.’
- ‘In Western sex therapy, stimulus control refers to efforts to establish a pleasant and relaxing environment that is conducive to healthy sexual functioning, thereby minimizing interfering circumstances.’
- ‘People with sexual dysfunction are reluctant to seek help from experts of sex therapy.’
- ‘Actually, given the current merchandising climate around these blogland parts, maybe I'll start offering sex therapy by email.’
- ‘This transformation has been applied in sex therapy, with cognitive-behavioral approaches replacing or becoming adjuncts to the behavioral exercises pioneered by Masters and Johnson.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.