Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person widely noted for their sexual attractiveness.‘being called a sex symbol is better than being called a haddock’
- ‘She steamed up the screen as an international sex symbol, but what gets Raquel Welch hot and bothered in real life?’
- ‘Yes, for years, the ‘Baywatch’ beauty has been a sex symbol.’
- ‘How does a ninth grade dropout become an international sex symbol?’
- ‘‘I didn't know I was thought of as a sex symbol,’ Josh said thoughtfully.’
- ‘She, above all people, realized that he would be a sex symbol and a heartthrob, and you know, he was initially bashful and kind of rattled by all the attention, but now he has eased into it, and I think he rather enjoys the role.’
- ‘News of the '60s sex symbol's minor heart attack came to light after she was forced to pull out of an upcoming movie.’
- ‘Aphrodite be shamed, this girl's beauty surpassed even the mythical sex symbol herself.’
- ‘Jamie Fraser, the series' tough-but-tender male protagonist, has become a sex symbol for those who like their men a little older, hairier, and more Scottish than the typical Hollywood stud.’
- ‘I begin wondering what would have happened to William Shatner's career if he never became a sex symbol for lack of suitably terrestrial babes to have sex with.’
- ‘‘For anybody who is ever called a sex symbol, there's always a massive misconception,’ she says.’
- ‘It certainly helps that one's a sex symbol and the other's an Oscar-winning director.’
- ‘The sporty 33-year-old modestly shies away from the question of being considered a sex symbol.’
- ‘However, Owen doesn't believe girls think he's a sex symbol.’
- ‘We're fed up of hearing and seeing this old man acting like a sex symbol - which he's not!’
- ‘He was the first man to treat her as an intelligent person, rather than a sex symbol.’
- ‘What happens when a Hollywood sex symbol, a glamour queen or a knockout girl next door gets older.’
- ‘In Brazil he's a big sex symbol and has loads of girls chasing him.’
- ‘Well you know I'm - I think I was just not, you know, brought up to be with my family background, and my nature, to be a sex symbol.’
- ‘It's likely due to the general image of the male sex symbol in present mainstream advertising and movies: a confident man with a hairless and well-sculpted body being adored by very attractive women.’
- ‘Gwen Stefani says she can't consider herself a sex symbol because she still thinks of herself as ‘fat little dorky kid.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.