Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person whose need for sexual gratification is excessive or obsessive.‘one sip of vodka turns me into a sex maniac’
- ‘One woman talked to described rapists as sex maniacs who were never satisfied because they had a problem which had not been attended to.’
- ‘He didn't want her first impression of him to be ‘He's a sex maniac.’’
- ‘And that drug, contends Vézina, ‘turns people into sex maniacs.’’
- ‘You are not a bad person or a sex maniac to want and expect a physical relationship.’
- ‘And he quite possibly thinks you're a sex maniac.’
- ‘I'm working on being a sex maniac and controversialist; I don't require the ‘reassuring feeling from knowing that my funeral expenses are in order’.’
- ‘This place is the last resort for the desperate and frustrated sex maniac; a society which I'm happy to say I am no longer a member of.’
- ‘Alex's first attempt to save his friend from the rough sex maniac went sour, but he's determined to try again regardless of the consequences.’
- ‘It is where the dull become exciting, where the shy become outgoing, the prudish become kinky sex maniacs - and good on them!’
- ‘Trust the sex maniac to bring my sex life into the conversation.’
- ‘When the party-going sex maniacs finally find the much touted ‘rave of the year’ it's an abandoned shell.’
- ‘I'm assuming the male actors are mostly half-witted sex maniacs kidnapped from insane asylums or junkies working for their next fix.’
- ‘From what I could hear one of them was telling the other that she feels her husband is a sex maniac as he is ALWAYS in the mood.’
- ‘I would have thought the answer was obvious: we're all sex maniacs now.’
- ‘If the site had contained the weirdos and whackos at school that grew up to be reprobates, drunks, sex maniacs, revolutionaries, alternative thinkers or anything else out of the so-called norm, it would have been much more interesting.’
- ‘‘He came across like a complete sex maniac,’ said another.’
- ‘You think she's holding out; she thinks you're a raging sex maniac who should really be in jail.’
- ‘‘Just because I love a boy doesn't suddenly turn me into some kind of sex maniac,’ I snap.’
- ‘After the Foreign Office accused him of being a thieving, drunken sex maniac, he suffered a mental breakdown and was flown back to London and admitted to St Thomas's hospital.’
- ‘This wasn't a movie about crazed sex maniacs or loose women or pregnant girls or the vice rackets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.