Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A change in a person's physical sexual characteristics, typically by surgery and hormone treatment.‘he campaigned to have his sex change legally recognized’[as modifier] ‘a sex-change operation’
- ‘She had undergone a complete sex change operation, which her husband knew before marrying her.’
- ‘I am positive that it is the same person because she still has the same face and I've heard that this person has had a sex change.’
- ‘The sex change (or gender realignment as they prefer to call it) proved no great problem.’
- ‘But due to her sex change operation, the obligation will most likely be waived.’
- ‘The sex change genital surgery for male transsexuals differs greatly from that for female transsexuals.’
- ‘He not only divorced his fourth wife but also underwent a sex change.’
- ‘Courts in Australia have previously legally recognised a sex change for the purposes of the criminal law and Social Security law.’
- ‘Mark is due to have a sex change operation next week and he wishes to know whether or not this will make the marriage null and void.’
- ‘At the time Jake asked me to photograph his sex change in 1996, his name was Deb.’
- ‘Eighteen months ago Gill was a man, before she underwent a sex change.’
- ‘Myron has decided, for reasons we do not know, to have a sex change operation and become Myra.’
- ‘The reason she had left him was because he had a sex change operation and was a drug addict.’
- ‘I can't imagine a tougher choice to make than the one to have a sex change operation.’
- ‘She will live as a woman for 12 months before deciding whether to have a sex change operation.’
- ‘The letter was a recommendation that a sex change be performed on the patient.’
- ‘He'd never given any indication of disapproving of my sex change.’
- ‘And this branch of government petitions the court to permit a child to have a sex change.’
- ‘Furthermore, Miller claimed, Larry was taking female hormones in preparation for a sex change operation.’
- ‘Men switching gender identity have to live as women for 12 months before a sex change operation can be considered.’
- ‘The man says he needs the money to help finance a sex change operation!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.