One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having strong feelings of sexual desire; lustful.‘the lovers were not romantic, sex-hungry teenagers’
passionate, impassioned, amorous, amatory, sensual, sexy, ardentView synonyms
- ‘She is a sex-hungry slut, lusting after every man in sight.’
- ‘The meteor crashes and a pair of juvenile, sex-hungry university geology profs are immediately on the scene.’
- ‘Darrell's divorced, sex-hungry mother, Cammie, works in day care; her beer-swilling live-in boyfriend, in a dog-food factory.’
- ‘In Thames Television's Paradise Island he played a sex-hungry ship's entertainments officer stranded on a desert island with a vicar.’
- ‘Miller cast her spell over some of the century's greatest artists, who in turn immortalised her: Roland Penrose, who became her husband; Man Ray, who taught her art in Paris; and the notoriously sex-hungry Picasso, to name only a few.’
- ‘She was shown as a sex-hungry fantasist.’
- ‘Love-struck American GIs were warned to stay away from sex-hungry women in Northern Ireland during World War II, according to new research out last night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.