One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having strong feelings of sexual desire; lustful.‘the lovers were not romantic, sex-hungry teenagers’
passionate, impassioned, amorous, amatory, sensual, sexy, ardentView synonyms
- ‘In Thames Television's Paradise Island he played a sex-hungry ship's entertainments officer stranded on a desert island with a vicar.’
- ‘Miller cast her spell over some of the century's greatest artists, who in turn immortalised her: Roland Penrose, who became her husband; Man Ray, who taught her art in Paris; and the notoriously sex-hungry Picasso, to name only a few.’
- ‘The meteor crashes and a pair of juvenile, sex-hungry university geology profs are immediately on the scene.’
- ‘Darrell's divorced, sex-hungry mother, Cammie, works in day care; her beer-swilling live-in boyfriend, in a dog-food factory.’
- ‘Love-struck American GIs were warned to stay away from sex-hungry women in Northern Ireland during World War II, according to new research out last night.’
- ‘She was shown as a sex-hungry fantasist.’
- ‘She is a sex-hungry slut, lusting after every man in sight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.