One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nountrademark in US
- another term for carbaryl
- ‘Lannate, Orthene and Sevin are labeled for thrips control in dry beans.’
- ‘Over the last two years there have been several massive fires inside the plant's grounds and some of the Sevin has caught light.’
- ‘Flea beetles severely damaged the first two leaves before the field was treated with the insecticide Sevin about a week ago.’
- ‘I carry a small hand sprayer filled with Sevin into the garden every time I go out.’
- ‘A variety of insecticides may be used for control, including the pyrethroid insecticides, Sevin or Lorsban.’
1950s: of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.