One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Separately or individually; each in turn.‘the partners are jointly and severally liable’
separately, individually, singly, discretelyView synonyms
- ‘For example, some practices are perpetuated as the members of a group are severally replaced.’
- ‘Of these 53% of children were found to be undernourished and 21% severally undernourished.’
- ‘Further, in the partnership form individual partners are jointly and severally liable.’
- ‘Actual power, however, is exercised through a network of security forces held severally, and competitively, at the centre.’
- ‘Outlining the case to jurors, Ms Rector said: ‘All three are severally mentally handicapped.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.