Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Separately or individually; each in turn:‘the partners are jointly and severally liable’
separately, individually, singly, discretelyrespectivelyView synonyms
- ‘Actual power, however, is exercised through a network of security forces held severally, and competitively, at the centre.’
- ‘For example, some practices are perpetuated as the members of a group are severally replaced.’
- ‘Further, in the partnership form individual partners are jointly and severally liable.’
- ‘Of these 53% of children were found to be undernourished and 21% severally undernourished.’
- ‘Outlining the case to jurors, Ms Rector said: ‘All three are severally mentally handicapped.’’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.