Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Lasting for a week.‘a seven-day trip for two to Hawaii’‘fields should be examined at seven-day intervals’
- ‘I read about this seven-day theater event that he did somewhere in rural Italy.’
- ‘All in favor of making this a seven-day affair, raise your hand.’
- ‘The sale includes a seven-day licence.’
- ‘We're not getting the calls for the seven-day trips to Mexico.’
- ‘Over a normal seven-day week it generally receives up to five million customers.’
- ‘Our help centers around the world provide seven-day, 24-hour user support in local languages.’
- ‘Most of the food and entertainment during the seven-day cruise is included.’
- ‘A seven-day meal plan, complete with recipes, is included with the disc to complement the exercises.’
- ‘For example, the May Day holiday has been turned into a seven-day official break.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.