One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who makes a settlement, especially of property in establishing a trust.
- ‘Paragraph 91 of the Trust prohibits the settlor from ever participating in the capital of the Trust.’
- ‘Accordingly any benefits derived by the settlor were not derived from the interests given.’
- ‘Many jurisdictions will look through the trust and tax the settlor or beneficiaries directly.’
- ‘The settlor, having established the trust has no power thereafter to amend.’
- ‘The defendant was to be the settlor of the trust, and the plaintiff would be the trustee.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.