One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time taken for a measuring or control instrument to get within a certain distance of a new equilibrium value without subsequently deviating from it by that amount.
- ‘The settling time of the voltage-clamp was determined by measuring the oocyte membrane potential as a function of time.’
- ‘However, at intermediate diffusion rates there is a rise in settling time.’
- ‘Data settling time is often more critical, as the strobe transition is typically more aggressively aligned with the data transition.’
- ‘This system will allow virtually continuous monitoring, limited only by the settling time required for each measurement.’
- ‘The dependence on diffusion constant is complex, affecting both the settling time and the steady-state value of PKC activity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.