One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A scheme to promote rural development by establishing farmers in underdeveloped areas.‘they aimed to place as many people as possible on the land by establishing government-assisted settlement schemes’
- ‘He received some property in the settlement scheme after the war.’
- ‘It was hoped that the Settlement Scheme would support the unemployed and remove them from the city.’
- ‘State governments established the soldier settlement scheme to reward returned soldiers with the opportunity to attain landed independence.’
- ‘The establishment of the Settlement Scheme along the River Murray was designed to utilise waste lands for irrigation.’
- ‘A comprehensive settlement scheme was put in place, with co-operative arrangements between new farmers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.