One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agreement setting out the terms of tenure for a large area of agricultural land.‘one condition of a settlement lease provided that the land be kept clear of prickly-pear’
- ‘The terms of settlement leases have been extended to forty years.’
- ‘This mixed wheat–sheep pattern suited the settlement leases encouraged by the Land Acts.’
- ‘The area of a settlement lease was originally limited to 1280 acres for agricultural purposes.’
- ‘Settlement leases gave to persons of small means easy access to land.’
- ‘A settlement lease could be sublet if the consent of the Minister for Lands were obtained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.