One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agreement setting out the terms of tenure for a large area of agricultural land.‘one condition of a settlement lease provided that the land be kept clear of prickly-pear’
- ‘The terms of settlement leases have been extended to forty years.’
- ‘This mixed wheat–sheep pattern suited the settlement leases encouraged by the Land Acts.’
- ‘Settlement leases gave to persons of small means easy access to land.’
- ‘A settlement lease could be sublet if the consent of the Minister for Lands were obtained.’
- ‘The area of a settlement lease was originally limited to 1280 acres for agricultural purposes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.