One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make any necessary arrangements, such as writing a will, before one's death.
- ‘Though she was loathe to return to the city, she needed to settle her affairs there.’
- ‘You have one hour to settle your affairs, and make any preparations.’
- ‘Some return only to settle their affairs prior to leaving again.’
- ‘Damon obtains a respite of two months to return home in order to settle his affairs.’
- ‘By the time we traveled from Fyn to Pomen, Jerry had already settled his affairs and met us at the home of Durant's brother, James.’
- ‘Therefore I advise him to consider of it, and settle his affairs in time.’
- ‘You settle your affairs and go home as soon as possible.’
- ‘During the meal, Ralph began to talk about how he wanted to settle his estate, but Alex wants to avoid the subject.’
- ‘Venning said: ‘He'd had a stroke by the time he wrote it and there's a sense he was looking to settle his affairs.’’
- ‘Please, let me go back to Rome to settle my affairs and say goodbye to my family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.