Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of mathematics which deals with the formal properties of sets as units (without regard to the nature of their individual constituents) and the expression of other branches of mathematics in terms of sets.
- ‘In addition to his work on set theory, Cohen has worked on differential equations and harmonic analysis.’
- ‘Ernst Schröder's important work is in the area of algebra, set theory and logic.’
- ‘He therefore attempted to put set theory on an axiomatic basis to avoid the paradoxes.’
- ‘In particular, she has attempted to reconcile poetry with set theory, a special branch of algebra.’
- ‘This framework is probably a new development in logic and set theory.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.