Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A shot at the basket made without jumping.
- ‘Until then, only the two-handed set shot and hook shots were being used on the perimeter.’
- ‘Young Shark Nathan Cicerello missed a set shot second before the final siren which would have sent the game into extra time.’
- ‘In a sport in which patience is as outdated as the two-handed set shot, Cook was required to wait.’
- ‘For two handed set shots and free throws, being square to the target is vital.’
- ‘In the days of two-handed set shots, Stanford's Angelo ‘Hank’ Luisetti shakes up the world of basketball with his running one-handed shot.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.