One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A screw for adjusting or clamping parts of a machine.
peg, bolt, rivet, dowel, screwView synonyms
- ‘If it won't go all the way up, loosen the set screw of the other needle slightly.’
- ‘I simply cranked the set screw back in and gathered up my relatively unscathed plastic jugs for the trip home.’
- ‘For now you get a cold black serrated blade held in place with a set screw in the front, pressing hard against an angled interior notch in the blade.’
- ‘There's a little set screw to tighten when everything is just right so the measurement won't be lost when you remove the tool.’
- ‘Keyless clamps allow blade changes in seconds without the use of a hexed key to loosen a set screw in the blade clamp.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.