Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A list of the songs that a band or singer intends to perform at a particular concert.
- ‘Luckily for me, though, the set list emphasized the band's musicality more than its industrial roots.’
- ‘It's a fifteen song set-list of pop-culture standards spanning the last forty years and three Johnny Cash tunes, one of them new.’
- ‘Cornwell has even stuffed half his set list with reworked versions of the Stranglers ' staples.’
- ‘With members of just about every Moncton band, past and present, in attendance, Slayer cranked out pretty much the same setlist as they did in Halifax.’
- ‘You watch the musicians, knowing there's been no rehearsal beyond a soundcheck, no set list, no score to follow.’
- ‘They've been sticking to the same setlist, a mixture of all three albums.’
- ‘Someone is always by his side to pass him the next track on his set-list.’
- ‘A pulse of excitement grips the indie nation, the chatrooms buzz with fantasy set lists for the band's Hyde Park shows next summer.’
- ‘Now a major-label release, this version adds five tracks to the original set list.’
- ‘He prefers to keep those songs off the set list.’
- ‘A basic measure, calculated using many concert set lists, is to simply count the number of times a given song is played over all concerts.’
- ‘I bet when the original band got back together this song was never discussed to be put in the set list.’
- ‘Trimming our songs down to a setlist has proved really difficult, of course, particularly when people have preferences.’
- ‘Here is the set list for that concert.’
- ‘There are a few basic rules to making a good mix / set list.’
- ‘The third component is the second set list, which is known for fewer songs and extended improvisational sessions.’
- ‘Charlie began to strum the opening strains of Murderer of the Masses, the next song on the set list.’
- ‘Wisely, the group dropped the ballads from their set list and went with a solid 60 minutes of upbeat classics.’
- ‘A few new songs blended seamlessly into a set list which otherwise stuck fairly firmly to last Saturday night's running order.’
- ‘At each show, you will see people scribbling down song titles as soon as the first note is struck in order to record an accurate setlist.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.